Practice IOC



https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-xM8-dhIAq0WXItZW8tdkJQc01qSWdQRDVGTVNqSjZSOUgw/view?usp=sharing

Criterion A: 7 because I fell like some of the comments I made about the text were incorrect and I also forgot the time period in which the play took place (it was the 1000's).  I do feel like a lot of my comments were strong and accurate and I also made good connections between two separate quotes from the excerpt.  I also had a strong understanding of the novel and not just the excerpt

Criterion B: 2 because I did not really focus on literary features as much as I should have.  I used the metaphor of nature=unnatural but I didn't describe it as a metaphor.  I will need to focus more on literary devices that the author uses during the real IOC/next practice.

Criterion C: 5 because I had a really good organization.  I had an introduction that included background of the play as well as the two themes I was going to address and then two sections where the themes were analyzed and then a conclusion part that summarized everything.

Criterion D: 4 because I thought I was almost perfect but as I said in Criterion A I feel as though I had some wrong comments and I said "uh" or "um" sometimes.


Comments

  1. Hey Christian. I can relate to what you mean about how some of the facts and information you presented may not be right. I too battled with that during my presentation. When listening to your comments I thought you had great organization and understanding of the text but I felt as if you had a weaker view on the literary techniques that Ishiguro used in the novel. You mention effect on the reader through the authors word choice as well but I feel as if you should expand even more on that topic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    A: 5
    B: 4
    C: 3
    D: 3

    Watch out for paraphrasing (this is tricky sometimes with Shakespeare)- you want to analyze the techniques used to develop the author's purpose of the passage, not just restate what the author wrote (and this is tricky with Shakespeare). What is the purpose of the passage and HOW does the author develop it? WHY? Also, make sure you aren't confusing analysis with plot summary. Review the resources I shared with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Cover Would You Choose?

Once Upon A Time...

"Writing blogs like novels..."